zondag 14 juni 2020

How I am feeling today?

Wow. Wat een ervaring.

I feel honored, and I am proud that I was nominated together with 47 women who are being recognized for their outstanding achievements and contributions to Central Alberta. According the Woman of Excellence website: all of the woman come from a variety of sectors and age groups, but are similar in their exceptional contributions to society.
Yesterday morning, I realized that it is possible to stay in front of the camera in the evening. And by realizing that, I was thinking about what to say in case it would happen. It didn't happen, but I still want to share my words that I wrote down. "I am happy to celebrate this special moment with Frank and Patrick; my sister by heart Aydee; my friend Kathy and her daughter Katie; and knowing that Family in Ottawa and the Netherlands are able to watch this gala too. All people that know me very well.
I immigrated in 2009 with my family direct from the Netherlands to Alberta. Not knowing that handball would be the connection to become nominated for the Woman of Excellence.
My fear at that time was: how can I ever continue what I did in the Netherlands. Meeting people, working, coaching handball, basketball of teach art-classes. Most scary How can I do this in a different language.
Thank you Frank, Patrick, Family and Friends. Thank you Frank, Patricia and Jacki for nominating me.
Patrick, thank you for encouraging me in 2009, to accept the invitation to start coaching at Lindsay Thurber. Your words at that time: "Mam, try it! you know very well how to play handball. you have played and coached handball for years. You can do it. And if you don't try, you will never get the answer".
"Thank you all for making me feel comfortable to continue what I like to do. coaching handball at Lindsay Thurber, working for the medical equipment program at the Canadian Red Cross, singing with the Hearts of Harmony chorus and with the Quartet Silver Lining.
All of this is very important for me; meeting people and bring people together. No matter you background. We all live in the same world. Let's make this world a good place to live. Together we can do this."

Vanwege de COVID19 physical distancing rule werd het event dit jaar online gehouden. Hoe noemen we dat ook alweer? "Ieder nadeel heb zijn voordeel" Dit jaar was het mogelijk voor iedereen om het gala via 'zoom' bij te wonen. Dus ook mijn familie kon bij dit event aanwezig zijn. YEAH.

Ik heb zelfs een brief van de burgemeester van Red Deer ontvangen:

En bloemen, kado's en heel veel lieve tekst messages en emails. 

Rozen van Aydee en Adriana

Bloemen van Kathy en Katie
A very special picture

En van sponsors voor dit gala:
een vetplant met een kado bon; zilveren oorknoppen; standaard met mijn naam erop; haarprodukten; een snack met olie, azijn en brood; een prachtige portret foto.

En op de vraag te antwoorden hoe ik me voel vandaag?
Heel simpel: dankbaar.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten